COMBINE TEXTURES IN YOUR SKETCHUP PRO FILE
Quick and easy tip!
In this example we want to make a tile.
Create a rectangular shaped surface
- Use the “F” key to make a slight offset to represent the tile joint
- Choose a texture for the center of your tile
- Refocus your texture by right-clicking, choose “texture” < “position”.
- Click and drag with the green bullet to increase the size of your texture
- If you don’t see the colored pushpins, right click on your texture and make sure the “locked pushpins” option is selected. Finally, right click on the texture and choose “Done”.
To merge the textures the rest is simple:
- Take your “selection” tool
- Hold down “SHIFT” and select the two textures, right click and choose the option Combine textures
- SketchUp asks you if you want to erase the inner edges, and the answer is: YES